See Behind The Scenes
An Educational Experience
FFA TOUR DAYS
Beasley’s Orchard is pleased to welcome guests attending the National FFA Convention in Indianapolis! We would like to invite you to our “FFA Days at Beasley’s Orchard” on October 25, 26, and 27 from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM daily. On those 3 days, we are offering an open house type setting with the following options:
1. Meet a tour guide upon your arrival and learn about the many facets of this family owned and operated business.
2. Take a hayride around the orchard as your guide explains the different varieties of apples grown here, demonstrates the harvesting procedure used, stops at the pumpkin patch for each guest to pick a pie pumpkin, and explains the agri-tourism business at Beasley’s.
3. Tour the Civil War era barn which houses the apple processing equipment, the apple cider press, and the market.
4. Tour the cold storage area of Beasley’s
5. Join Operations Manager, Calvin Beasley, or Agritourism Manager, Jim Finley, in “The Loft” for freshly baked cookies and Beasley’s apple cider. The men can talk about their vision for the orchard and answer any questions you might have about being a young person in agriculture.
6. Have some fun with time spent in the Barnyard Bonanza. This activity area features a 75 foot long jumping pillow, 72 foot long ball zone with baseball, football, and basketball throwing areas, a spider web rope climber, cornhole games, tether ball, and teeter totters.
7. Accept the challenge of navigating our corn maze. Each guest receives a passport upon entering the maze. There are 10 multiple choice questions on the passport. Answer the question correctly, and you will be led in the right direction. Answer the question incorrectly, and you will be led in the wrong direction or even a dead end. The passports are available in several different categories: sports, TV, Halloween trivia, knowledge of corn, scouting and spiritual.
8. Try your skill at hitting a target with apple blasting cannons. Powered by compressed air, these cannons are sure to provide a challenge and fun for all.
Each FFA guest will receive a wristband good for all of the activities listed above. Guides will be positioned at each station to assist your group and answer questions. The cost is $10 per person. With a group of 15 or more, 2 leaders are free.
Please contact Linda to schedule your group for the FFA Days at email@example.com or 317-563-1487 to make your reservation.